This is a competition where dancers compete in pairs to a set track. There will be approx 5-10 duos on the floor at one time, each duo will wear a dancer number and they will be recalled after each round. Dancers must remain on the spot when competing in this category.
Duos must compete in the category of the oldest dancer.
- Mini’s (ages 4-7)
- Juniors (ages 8-11)
- Teens (ages 12-15)
- Seniors (16+)
Commercial & Lyrical duos
The DJ will play the following tracks for each age category. The track will be played from the beginning for approx 60 seconds. Dancers are permitted to choreograph 6 counts of 8, and then keep repeating this if they wish. There will be approx. 5 – 10 duos on the floor at one time.
For the final 5, each duo will have a 60 second spot, the music will start from the beginning each time.
To register please fill in the following form
- Each dancer must be a UDO member (you can sign up for free here – https://gb.udostreetdance.com/user/register )
- No heels can be worn due to venue flooring. No characters shoes, pointe shoes and general heels.
- Dancers must remain in their permitted floor space whilst dancing.
- Dancers cannot touch the judges.
- Dancers must perform on the spot and cannot move around the dance floor.
- Dancers cannot perform acrobatics or any move they are not in full control of, i.e. – back flips in early rounds of a competition; such moves are only allowed in a FINAL where there is room on the dance floor. Judges are pre-advised not to recall anyone that has breached this rule.
- Clarification on ages, i.e. – if you are 8 you must compete in the Under 12, if you are 12 you must compete in under 16 and so on.
- Duos dance in the category of the eldest dancer eg: a 9 year old and 13 year old would compete in the under 16 category
- Breach of any of these rules will result in a warning or disqualification.
- Age appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn