- Under 12
- Under 16
Dancers can only compete in one team per category, ie one contemporary team, one ballet team, one tap team, one street team etc.
Some categories will compete on the Saturday and some on the Sunday. Groups will dance once and the top 5 will be awarded with medals and trophies. All dancers will receive certificates.
- Minimum no of dancers in a group = 4
- Maximum no of dancers in a group = 50
- Maximum length for piece = 2.5 mins
- Various tracks can be used and mixed together during piece.
- Dancers can compete in a group and also a duo
- Groups are not permitted to use any language or obscenities during the piece
- 75% of the competing team must be within the age division they are competing in. 25% of the team would be allowed to be older. However they can only be older up to the next age division.
- ie; if you had 12 dancers in your under 14 team, 9 dancers must be under 13 years of age, 3 dancers could be older either 14, 15, 16 OR 17 years of age.
- All dancers must be a UDO member. (you can sign up for free here – http://www.udostreetdance.com/register/)
- Dancers cannot touch the judges.
- Props are permitted providing they are not dangerous and can be cleared from the dance floor immediately after your performance. (No talc, glitter, water must be thrown down on to the stage!)
- Teams are not allowed to be called by their own school name
- Costumes are permitted