Judging Criteria for groups
Please note all groups must be a maximum of 2.5 minutes. Teams will be penalised if their music runs over this time.
Judges will give scores for teams based on the following criteria:
Each point is out of a maximum 10 points,
1-2 = Below Average 3-4 = average 5-6=good 7-8 = very good 9-10 = excellent
Please note 0.25, 0.5 & 0.75 can also be used.
• Portrayal & execution of the style
• Variety of choreography used
Musicality & creativity
• Interpretation of different beats & phrasing
• Original movement ideas, uniqueness & originality of combinations
• Difficulty level of choreography
• Overall use of space and spatial awareness, and use of smooth transitions.
• Attentiveness, enthusiasm, energy, confidence
• Routine execution and perfection
Creativity and Musicality
- The creative throughout the piece over all
- Use of music and attention to detail throughout
- This is the individual opinion of each judge.
• Dancers must be dancing in time with the track
• Show a variety of movement & choreo
• Dancers must stay on the spot